No lyrics again today.. feeling lazy. Here’s the latest.
- MRI. Apparently there are no fat person MRI’s anywhere in the DMV. With Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, George Washington University, et al so close, I find this suspect, but what do I know. So, instead, they’re sending me for a CT scan. That’s a week from today in the afternoon.
- I met with the genetic counselor. We drew blood for a full genetic workup. Should have results for the breast-related genes within 1-2 weeks, and the full panel in 2-3. This information is more of an FYI than anything, at least for me. Some use the breast cancer gene info to help decide on surgery, but I won’t need that. I’m already fine with a full bilateral if that’s what my doctor thinks is best. What do I need them for?
- I’m now scheduled with the medical oncologist. That appointment is on the 4th.
- My surgical oncologist wants to do a skin punch biopsy on the breast to help determine what’s autoimmune and/or what’s inflammatory breast cancer. That’s happening next Wednesday, the 27th, in the morning.
- I have a therapist appointment on Tuesday, after I meet with my PCP.