So, today’s visit was with the medical oncologist. Jeepers.
A few outcomes today:
- I won’t have any answers about chemotherapy until after surgery. Two scenarios which will mean chemo:
- if the lymph nodes are “involved” – ie cancerous
- if the oncotypes come back >20, which they won’t know until the tumor is out and dissected
- I missed a finding on my CT scan. I have lymph nodes in the groin area that are enlarged. More likely than not, it’s nothing. However – I’m weird, and better to cover all the basis than not. So I’m scheduled for a CT-guided biopsy next Tuesday.
- This doc wants a PET scan. That’s currently being researched, because I may end up with the same issues as with the MRI. TBD.
And I follow up with the surgeon next Wednesday. Presumably that will be a surgical conversation and perhaps scheduling.